Thursday, August 3, 2017

Transparency Collage Article with Cloth Paper Scissors

Hello Friends! Before the summer season zooms right by, I wanted to share my mixed-media article that was featured in Cloth Paper Scissors July/August 2017 issue. I am so honored! It's in newsstands now at your local Barnes & Noble or Jo-Ann store. You can also get your copy here with a digital download option.


Working with Cloth Paper Scissors is such a pleasure. The team is so good to me.
They have created a special adventure issue full of inspiration, ideas, and tips for travel journaling, packing a travel art kit, creating art on-the-go, and lots more.



My article demonstrates how to make a colorful layered page for a midori-style travel journal. Here's a sneak peak:






To add unique dimention, I used Dura-lar transparencies (made by Grafix), watercolor, gouache, oil pastels, washi tape, collage, and more. I wanted to thank Grafix and their team for sending me a sample of their clear films. The company offers a variety of acetate alternatives

As a watercolor and mixed-media artist, this wet-media film was perfect for my CPS project. (I have  purchased some more at dickblick.com).








Here's what my craft table looked like right before I sent all the step-outs to my editors.



I hope everyone's have a wonderful summer. Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sandi Keene said...

Congratulations, Gina!! It looks wonderful!

Gina Lee Kim said...

Thank you so much!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...